Leave without pay I have been granted leave without pay for six months from the public hospital where I am currently employed.
What does LWOP stand for?
LWOP stands for Leave Without Pay
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LWOP
We have 1 other meaning of LWOP in our Acronym Attic
- Lefthand Watershed Oversight Group (Colorado)
- Laughing Way Out Loud
- Living Word of Life Ministries (Austin, TX)
- Live Within Our Means Act (California)
- Living within Our Means (New Zealand)
- Latina Women of NASA
- Low Water Ordinary Neap Tide
- Lease with Option to Own
- Life Without Parole
- Logging Well on Paper (oil drilling)
- Low Work Opportunity Port (International Longshore and Warehouse Union)
- Long Word
- Legends World of Sport
- Low Water of Ordinary Spring Tides
- Left without Treatment (patient record)
- Lies with Occasional Truth (fiction magazine; Canada)
- Labor and Worklife Program (Harvard Law School; Cambridge, MA)
- Lausanne World Pulse (religious magazine; Wheaton, IL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
So far no one has been terminated or put on leave without pay as a result of sick leave abuse.
Gay and lesbian federal workers are now eligible for leave without pay to attend to their family's educational and medical needs, a benefit previously only available to heterosexual workers.
These include accelerated clearance of leave entitlements, voluntary leave without pay, voluntary early retirement and shorter work months.
02: At the employer's discretion, an employee on education leave without pay may receive an allowance in lieu of salary of up to 100 per cent.
She said the command expects this decision will impact volunteerism because technicians will have to use leave without pay.
11) Thus, where employees are allowed to take accrued annual, sick, or personal leave, or leave without pay for reasons that are not job-related, the same type of leave must be granted to employees who wish to remain on leave for child-rearing purposes, even if that employee is medically able to return to work.
The airline said nearly 2,000 employees have signed up for its voluntary no-pay leave scheme, under which staff could apply for leave without pay for durations of up to two years.