The objective of this study was to determine whether feeding increased dietary levels of RAC for 30 d will increase lean accretion and decrease fat accretion, therefore increasing total lean yields of cull cows.
What does LY stand for?
LY stands for Lean Yield
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LY
We have 7 other meanings of LY in our Acronym Attic
- Linear Xenon Tube
- Lithium-Ion Extreme Technology (Makita Tools)
- Local Exchange Terminal
- Lucha Xtreme Wrestling (free-style wrestling)
- Septuagint (Greek Translation of Hebrew Bible, Ca. 70 BC)
- League of Extraordinary Yorkshiremen (gaming group)
- El-Al (Israel Airways)
- Lady (British title of nobility)
- Langley (energy distribution measurement unit)
- Last Year
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the beef cattle industry, breeders record growth traits such as weights at birth, weaning, yearling, and maturity; carcass traits such as lean yield, marbling, and fat content; and reproductive traits such as the age when a female reaches puberty and whether she becomes pregnant each year.
Over 30 years, breeders have continually and painstakingly selected lines of pigs which produce high lean yield and little fat.