But comeback rider Barrie Mitchell, from Marton, who is currently subject to a 16-month ban by all the main cycling bodies other than the League of Veteran Racing Cyclists, stormed round the course in 47 mins 51 seconds to win the event for solo riders on 'standard' and finished third fastest overall, despite giving away 26 years to the youngest rider and winner, 40-year-old Connor O'Brien (43-31) from Solihull.
What does LVRC stand for?
LVRC stands for League of Veteran Racing Cyclists (est. 1986; UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LVRC
We have 6 other meanings of LVRC in our Acronym Attic
- Low Voltage Relay
- Low Voltage Release
- Low Voltage Reset
- LRU Verification Rack
- Lung Volume Reduction
- Lake Vermilion Resort Association (est. 1950; Cook, MN)
- Logical Volume Reserved Area
- Low-Velocity Rapidly Adapting
- Las Vegas Radio Amateur Club (Nevada)
- Las Vegas Recovery Center (Nevada)
- Lehigh Valley Railroad Company
- Liverpool Victoria Rowing Club (est. 1884; UK)
- London Vintage Radio Club (London, Ontario, Canada)
- Lung Volume-Related Changes
- Las Vegas Regional Clean Cities (Nevada)
- Las Vegas Regional Clean Cities Coalition Inc. (Las Vegas, NV)
- Low-Volume Resistance Exercise
- Left Ventricular Radionuclide Ejection Fraction
- Lachlan Valley Rail Freight (Australia)
- Lions Vision Research Foundation (Lions Clubs International)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Les Bailey, of the League of Veteran Racing Cyclists, wrote a letter of thanks for our comprehensive coverage of the Tour de France.
However, the League of Veteran Racing Cyclists do not agree with the penalty handed out - which his club, Team Jewson, feel was harsh in the extreme given that you only get a two-year ban for taking performance enhancing drugs - and have therefore welcomed his entry to Sunday's first time trial of the new season in the area at Napton.
Byline: Andy Turner COVENTRY'S Team Endura recorded an excellent result at the League of Veteran Racing Cyclists National Track Championship at Newport, South Wales.
The opening event in the League of Veteran Racing Cyclists season, the Nene Valley road race at Towcester, was called off after 24 miles following a collision between a rider and a car which blocked the road.
Maris had also won the silver medal in the 40-44 category at the British masters road race championships and he started his season by winning the League of Veteran Racing Cyclists time trial title for the same age group.
Next stop was Loenhout the following day where Roach was 14th in the under-23 race won by Italy's Enrico Franzoi, before a rest day and then further senior races at Diegem, where he finished 24th in the fifth round of the under-23 Superprestige series, and Veldegen where he came in 22nd behind De Clercq, MI Racing's Barrie Mitchell and Mick Ives finished second and third in the inaugural League of Veteran Racing Cyclists cyclo-cross championship at Darley Moor behind Chris Gooch - Ives winning his age category.
Coventry Olympic promote the League of Veteran Racing Cyclists hilly time trial championship on Sunday over a 24-mile Marton-based course which goes to Southam, Staverton and back.