In the mid-1980s, however, a researcher from the University of Texas pioneered the idea of layer-based manufacturing, in which a prototype is built in layers.
What does LBM stand for?
LBM stands for Layer-Based Manufacturing (fabrication)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LBM
We have 75 other meanings of LBM in our Acronym Attic
- Land Based Modem
- Landscape Body Machine (band; Vancouver, Canada)
- Languages in Biology and Medicine (International Symposium)
- Large Ballistic Missile
- Laser Beam Machining
- Lattice Block Material
- Lattice Boltzman Method (computational fluid dynamics)
- Lattice Boltzmann Model
- Lattice-Based Modeling
- Laurel Bank Machines Co. Ltd. (est. 1946)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Ponte platform translates physical, chemical, and layer-based manufacturing process variability into deviations from original design intent, something designers understand.