When reading a 2006 Massachusetts state audit of public housing, lawyers at the Massachusetts Law Reform Institute noticed a concerning figure in the appendix: More than 1,000 of the state's 45,600 public housing units were sitting empty for more than two months, three times the state limit of 21 days.
What does LRI stand for?
LRI stands for Law Reform Institute
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LRI
We have 107 other meanings of LRI in our Acronym Attic
- Long Reach High School (Columbia, Maryland)
- Longitudinal Retirement History Survey (US SSA)
- Lake Region Human Service Center (North Dakota)
- Licentiate of the Royal Heraldry Society of Canada
- Lenape Regional High School District (Shamong, NJ)
- Living Related Hepatic Transplantation
- Long Rifle High Velocity
- Laboratoire de Recherche en Informatique
- Land Reporting Initiative
- Laughing Rabbit, Inc.
- Lawndale Railway & Industrial Company
- Leadership Research Institute (Rancho Santa Fe, CA)
- Left-Right Indicator
- Legal Resource Index
- Leicester Royal Infirmary (hospital in Leicester, UK)
- Lerner Research Institute (Cleveland Clinic)
- Les Robinson Invitational (Atlantic Coast Conference tournament)
- Life Roles Inventory
- Lightning Rod Insulator
- Limbal Relaxing Incision (eye surgery)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Massachusetts Law Reform Institute, for example, is among those expressing doubts that the trend in Worcester and other municipalities around the state - to shift funding away from shelters to short-term housing assistance - is sustainable and that the approach will reduce homelessness in the long term.
Dutch doctors also discussed a ban in 2010, and the Tasmanian Law Reform Institute has suggested that male circumcision may breach existing child protection laws.
The Massachusetts Law Reform Institute was awarded $45,000 to continue its work preparing legal analyses and promoting policy education around the implementation of health reform, regulating the Safety Net Trust Fund, and improving the operations of MassHealth, the state's Medicaid program.
The Law Reform Institute believes that under the governor's proposal, many homeless children and their families would be denied access to shelter, even though they have nowhere to stay while looking for housing.
The Alberta Law Reform Institute has since identified some 70 different Alberta legislative provisions that may offend Section 15(1).
The Tasmanian Law Reform Institute reviewed Tasmania's abortion laws at the request of the State Government.
ASPIRA's national organization, at its July 1 meeting, approved CLEE's request to become an affiliate, said Fran Fajana, a founding member of CLEE who lives in Worcester and works as a lawyer for the Massachusetts Law Reform Institute in Boston.