Velde was Minority Counsel of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime and Juvenile Delinquency (1965-1969) and then headed the newly formed Law Enforcement Assistance Administration at the Department of Justice, first as Associate Administrator (1969-1973), Deputy Administrator (1973-1974) and Administrator (1974-1977).
What does LEAA stand for?
LEAA stands for Law Enforcement Assistance Administration
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of LEAA
We have 3 other meanings of LEAA in our Acronym Attic
- Vessel Leased to Mexico (US Navy)
- Vessel Leased to Netherlands (US Navy)
- Vessel Leased to Norway (US Navy)
- Vessel Leased to Panama (US Navy)
- Vessel Leased to Peru (US Navy)
- Vessel Leased to Paraguay (US Navy)
- Vessel Leased to Russia (US Navy)
- Vessel Leased to United Kingdom (US Navy)
- Vessel Leased to Uruguay (US Navy)
- Law Enforcement Alliance of America
- Land's End Aerodrome Action Group (opposition to the environmental impact of mass helicopter use)
- Law Enforcement Association of Asian Pacifics (Glendale, CA)
- Liquid Engine Air-Augmented Package
- Life Expectancy at Birth
- Lower Extremity Arterial Bypass
- Lambert Equal-Area Conic (mathematical projection)
- Land and Ecosystem Accounting
- Law Enforcement Accreditation Consultants, Inc (Pembroke Pines, FL)
- Law Enforcement Aviation Coalition
- Lay Episcopalians for the Anglican Communion
Samples in periodicals archive:
1) During the 1970s, the Law Enforcement Assistance Administration (LEAA) began establishing grant programs.
With increasing national fears about rising crime and civil disorders, Congress quickly acted on these recommendations, and in 1968, established the Law Enforcement Assistance Administration.
A portion of the Federal aid spent in the late 1960s and throughout the 1970s under the Law Enforcement Assistance Administration was put to good use in explorations and experiments in community-based policing and corrections.
Rosetti was the Northeast Director for the Law Enforcement Assistance Administration of the U.
Some state offices that administer Byrne grants are referred to as state planning agencies, a name held over from the era of Law Enforcement Assistance Administration (LEAA) grant funding.
I hereby sentence House GOP leaders to reading the thousands of pages that have been written about the Law Enforcement Assistance Administration (LEAA).
Endnote 1 The Northwest Central Dispatch System originated in the late 1960s, partially funded by a Law Enforcement Assistance Administration grant.