Some of AXTEL's main foreign investors include: AIG-GE Capital Latin American Infrastructure Fund (LAIF); AIG Latin American Equity Partners; American International Underwriters Overseas, Ltd; Bell Canada International, Inc.
What does LAIF stand for?
LAIF stands for Latin American Infrastructure Fund (est. 1996)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LAIF
- Large Area Imager for Calar Alto (telescopy project)
- Los Angeles International Church of Christ (Los Angeles, CA)
- Lions Aravind Institute of Community Ophthalmology
- Laser Ablation Inductively Coupled Plasma
- Leadership and Innovation in Complex Systems (academic curriculum; various universities)
- Los Alamos Integrated Communications System
- Language, Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science for Natural Language Processing Applications
- Louisiana Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Los Angeles Ice Dogs (hockey team)
- Latin American Institute for Economic and Social Planning
- Legal Aspects of International Financial Institutions (IMF)
- Leukocyte Adherence Inhibition Factor
- Local Agency Investment Fund (California)
- Los Angeles Immigrant Funders Collaborative
- Los Angeles Italian Film Awards (California)
- Los Angeles International Fencing Center
- Los Angeles Independent Film Festival
- Los Angeles International Fern Society (California)
- Liberty American Insurance Group, Inc. (Pinellas Park, FL)
- Los Angeles International Gemological Laboratory (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The remaining 42% belongs to foreign investors, among which are, mainly, AIG-GE Capital Latin American Infrastructure Fund (LAIF); AIG Latin American Equity Partners; Blackstone Group; American International Underwriters Overseas Ltd.
VANCOUVER, June 26 /CNW-PRN/ - The Board of Directors are pleased to announce El Misti Gold Limited (EMG) has successfully concluded an agreement with a major Latin American infrastructure fund, wherein the need for a sufficiently large block of EMG shares be reserved for the fund's possible purchase while they conduct their due diligence.
The venture also plans to leverage Kissinger Associates' global relationships to provide investment opportunities to Blackstone's and AIG's private equity funds, including Blackstone Capital Partners III, Blackstone Real Estate Partners III, Blackstone Mezzanine Partners, and AIG Asian Infrastructure Funds I and II, AIG Asian Opportunity Fund, AIG-GE Capital Latin American Infrastructure Fund and AIG Developed Markets Private Equity Fund.
At the same time, BCI welcomed the arrival of the AIG-GE Capital Latin American Infrastructure Fund as minority partners in the Venezuelan LMDS venture, following the purchase of a 29 % interest in Genesis by their Latin American Infrastructure Fund.
24, 1998--Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst Incorporated, AIG-GE Capital Latin American Infrastructure Fund (LAIF), and TV Cidade today announced that Hicks Muse and LAIF have committed a total of up to $100 million of equity capital to TV Cidade.
Koch Jose Cayman Limited is owned by an affiliate of Koch Nitrogen and a subsidiary of the AIG-GE Capital Latin American Infrastructure Fund L.
Investors brought into the transaction by WorldTel include the AIG-GE Capital Latin American Infrastructure Fund L.