Lyman's report found that the potential for early deaths -- 44,000 cases -- is comparable to the 1982 CRAC-2 estimate and the peak number of latent cancer fatalities -- 518,000 cases -- is over 35 times greater than the CRAC-2 estimate, corresponding to a scenario where weather conditions maximize the rain-related fallout of radioactivity over New York City.
What does LCF stand for?
LCF stands for Latent Cancer Fatalities
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LCF
We have 144 other meanings of LCF in our Acronym Attic
- Lee County Enterprise Zone (Illinois)
- Lubelskie Centrum Edukacji Zawodowej (Polish: Manitoba Center for Professional Education)
- La Cañada Flintridge (California)
- Lakeland Correctional Facility (Michigan Department of Corrections)
- Lancia Club France (French automobile club)
- Landing Craft Flak (Royal Navy WWII tank landing craft)
- Lansing Correctional Facility (Kansas)
- Large Capacity Feeder (computer printers)
- Large Cargo Freighter (Boeing 747-400)
- Last Chance Forever (est. 1978; San Antonio, TX)
Samples in periodicals archive:
safety" of Cassini and estimated that a Cassini mishap would produce "several tens of thousands of latent cancer fatalities worldwide over the next 50 years.