Large Pistol primers can fail at the high pressures of this cartridge.
What does LPP stand for?
LPP stands for Large Pistol Primer (firearms)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LPP
We have 209 other meanings of LPP in our Acronym Attic
- Loyalist Prisoners Of War
- Low Pressure Oxygen
- Lake Pend Oreille Yacht Club (Bayview, ID)
- La Pampilla (seaport code; Peru)
- Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas (French: Plasma Physics Laboratory)
- Laboratory of Palaeobotany and Palynology
- Laboratory of Particle Physics
- Land Partnership Plan
- Language Policy and Planning (linguistics)
- Larceny of Personal Property
- Laser Produced Plasma
- Last Price Paid (purchase cost)
- Last Purchase Price
- Late Payment Penalty
- Late Positive Potential (neurology)
- Latvijas Pirma Partija (Latvia's First Party)
- Launch Prediction Point
- Law of Popular Participation (Bolivia)
- Lawrenceville Plasma Physics, Inc. (Middlesex, NJ)
- League for Pastoral Peoples and Endogenous Livestock Development (Germany)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Small and large pistol primers were the first to disappear from gun-shop shelves.
Winchester Large Pistol primers used in Black Hills brass.
The primer pocket takes a standard large pistol primer.
Winchester's Winclean and other non-toxic loads use a standard large pistol primer, but it has a much larger flash hole.
The loads were touched off with CCI large pistol primers.
Three big problems: Detonation of a large pistol primer upon the attempt to seat it in a case with the small pocket.
The simplest solution is to use large pistol primers in all your handloads regardless of case brand.