Mainly, the work would include integrating targeting data into the large phased-array radars, that uses the data for targeting incoming ballistic missiles.
What does LPAR stand for?
LPAR stands for Large Phased-Array Radar
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LPAR
We have 4 other meanings of LPAR in our Acronym Attic
- Latino Psychological Association of New Jersey
- La Posta Astrogeophysical Observatory
- Laboratory for Particle Accelerator Physics (Switzerland)
- Leadership Program for Aspiring Principals
- Left Pulmonary Arterial Pressure
- Lifetime Physical Activity Program (est. 1912; Rice University; Houston, TX)
- Lymphocyte Phosphatase Associated Phosphoprotein (biochemistry)
- Laguna Plein Air Painters Association, Inc.
- Low Power Amplifier and Power Supply
- Love Poems and Quotes
- Linux for Power Architecture (IBM)
- Local Partitioning
- Logic for Programming Artificial Intelligence and Reasoning (Conference)
- Logical Partition (mainframes)
- Logical Partitioning
- Long-range Phased Array Radar
- Loma Prieta Amateur Radio Club (California)
- Lockheed Palo Alto Research Laboratory
- Little Plastic Animals Rights Movement
- Liquid Propellant Action Response Team
Samples in periodicals archive:
The EWR that Raytheon will upgrade is a large phased-array radar in Clear, Alaska.
Raytheon is been contracted to equip large phased-array radars with the new capability of providing targeting data used for shooting incoming ballistic missiles.