The airframer's fleet of four 747-400 Large Cargo Freighters does not have approval to fly with any supernumerary crew, meaning that it can only operate with aircrew (up to four) on board.
What does LCF stand for?
LCF stands for Large Cargo Freighter (Boeing 747-400)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LCF
We have 144 other meanings of LCF in our Acronym Attic
- Luton Churches Education Trust (UK)
- Low-Cost Electronic Warfare Suite/System
- Lee County Enterprise Zone (Illinois)
- Lubelskie Centrum Edukacji Zawodowej (Polish: Manitoba Center for Professional Education)
- La Cañada Flintridge (California)
- Lakeland Correctional Facility (Michigan Department of Corrections)
- Lancia Club France (French automobile club)
- Landing Craft Flak (Royal Navy WWII tank landing craft)
- Lansing Correctional Facility (Kansas)
- Large Capacity Feeder (computer printers)
- Last Chance Forever (est. 1978; San Antonio, TX)
- Latent Cancer Fatalities
- Launch Control Facility (USAF Minuteman missile)
- Learning Content Format
- Least Common Factor (mathematics)
- Lebanese Chess Federation
- Left-Center Field (baseball)
- Lemur Conservation Foundation
- Librarians' Christian Fellowship (UK)
- License Collection File
Samples in periodicals archive:
Note: Two 747-400Fs will be converted to the new configuration named Large Cargo Freighter.
These were loaded onto the 747-400 Large Cargo Freighter -- now known as the Dreamlifter -- earlier today at Centrair Airport in Nagoya.
Oct 24, 2006 Boeing said it successfully opened and closed the 747-400 Large Cargo Freighter swing tail in testing in Everett, Wash.
The 747-400 Large Cargo Freighter (LCF) landed at 08:00 PDT on Saturday (16 September) at Boeing Field in Seattle, US, having completed a non-stop 13-hour, 17-minute flight from Taipei, Taiwan.
Once completed, the assembled pieces of the Dreamliner will be put on a specially-modified Boeing 747 Large Cargo Freighter (LCF), to be flown to Everett, Washington for final assembly and testing at Boeing's worldwide headquarters.
Boeing 787 Dreamliner Program 2006 Major Accomplishments -- All factories begin part production -- Wing test box complete and testing under way -- Major systems laboratories opened and running -- On-time start of major assembly -- Large Cargo Freighter first flight and flight testing -- First production wire bundle shipped -- GoldCare Lifecycle Support Solution offered for service -- 25 percent of systems for airplane No.
Sep 20, 2006 Boeing Boeing 747-400LCF Large Cargo Freighter, critical to the manufacturer's global strategy for building 787s, touched down at Everett, Wash.