Medical history included laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding fitted in May, 2007, for class III obesity, when her body mass index (BMI) was 45.
What does LAGB stand for?
LAGB stands for Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding (obesity surgery)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LAGB
We have 2 other meanings of LAGB in our Acronym Attic
- Longevity Assurance Gene 1
- Laboratory for Advanced Genome Analysis (various locations)
- Last Great Ape organization
- Latin American Gaming Association
- Lesbian and Gay Alliance
- Lipson Alport Glass Associates (Northbrook, IL)
- Local Action, Global Agenda (community group network; UK)
- London American General Agency, Inc. (insurance; San Diego, CA)
- Lesbian and Gay Archives of New Zealand
- Lesbian and Gay Archives Roundtable
- Linguistics Associaiton of Great Britain
- Low-Angle Grain Boundary (physics)
- Lesbian and Gay Bar Association of Chicago
- Local Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Locally Advanced Gastric Adenocarcinoma
- Los Angeles Gender Center (California)
- Louisiana Associated General Contractors (est. 1949)
- Lesbian and Gay Coalition Against Racism (UK)
- LaGuardia Community College (New York City)
- Leonard A. Good Community Library (Ogden, IA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
AT THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR METABOLIC AND BARIATRIC SURGERY SAN DIEGO--Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass produced long-term weight-loss results that were statistically superior to those of laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding, based on 10 years' follow-up in a prospective randomized study.
Review of meta-analytic comparisons of bariatric surgery with a focus on laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding.
Executive summary: Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding for the treatment of obesity: Update and re-appraisal.
Samuels said her center is one of only three in the United States that performs laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding surgery in adolescents.
JourneyLite is a leading provider in the United States of surgical treatment for obesity through laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LAGB).
INTRODUCTION Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding (LAGB) is a restrictive bariatric technique used in the management of morbid obesity, defined as a Body Mass index (BMI) of more than 45 kg/[m.
The long-term outcomes of laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding appear to be relatively poor, according to a Belgian study.