In New Jersey, APA students in grades 3-8 and 11 are assessed in language arts literacy and mathematics.
What does LAL stand for?
LAL stands for Language Arts Literacy (public schools; New Jersey)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LAL
We have 93 other meanings of LAL in our Acronym Attic
- Laporan Akuntabilitas Kinerja Instansi Pemerintah (Indonesian: Report on Accountability and Performance of Government Institutions)
- Local AEHF(Advanced Extremely High Frequency) Key Management Station (US DoD Satellite Communications)
- Landelijk Actie Komitee Scholieren
- Lucas Alexander Karl Scheybal (Australian watch maker)
- Laboratoire de l'Accélérateur Linéaire (French Research Institute)
- Labrador Airways Canada (ICAO code)
- Land Administration Law (China)
- Land Attack Lab
- Language and Leisure
- Language and Linguistics (course)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One hundred percent of 8th graders scored advanced or proficient on the 2008 NJASK in both Language Arts Literacy and Math.
For example, in the first three years of the program, the percentage of fourth grade students scoring Proficient and Advanced Proficient in Language Arts Literacy on the state assessment jumped from 62 percent to nearly 90 percent.
Under the contract, ETS will head a project group that will: -- develop and score a customized assessment in language arts literacy and mathematics for grade three, to be administered annually starting in May; -- propose a fourth-grade assessment in language arts literacy and math to replace the state's Elementary School Proficiency Assessment, also to be administered in May; -- develop a fourth-grade science assessment, to be administered in the spring of 2004.
The content areas are language arts literacy, mathematics, science, social studies, world languages, visual and performing arts, and comprehensive health and physical education.
OPTIMUM for ESPA CD-ROMs cover fourth grade language arts literacy, math, science and fifth grade social studies.