Ricky first went to Dandara with Christian Aid in 1998, to see for himself the work being done by MST - the Landless People's Movement - which works to help poor Brazilians get land of their own.
What does LPM stand for?
LPM stands for Landless People's Movement (South Africa)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LPM
We have 134 other meanings of LPM in our Acronym Attic
- Laboratoire de Production Microtechnique (French: Laboratory of Microengineering for Manufacturing)
- Laboratoires Pharmacien Mehalla
- Laboratorio de Prognosticos em Mesoescala (Portugese)
- Laboratory for Process Measurement
- Laboratory Procedures Manual
- Lake Perry Marina (Kansas)
- Land and Property Management
- Landau-Pomeranchuk-Migdal effect
- LANDesk Process Manager (Deployment Partners Inc)
- Landless People Movement (Africa)
- Landscape Pest Management
- Landslip Preventive Measures
- Landworks Property Management
- Laser Power Meter
- Laser Precipitation Monitor
- Laser Precision Microfabrication
- Laser Process Manufacturing (Peabody, Massachusetts)
- Laser Profile Measuring
- Last Position Memory (music players)
- Lateral Plate Mesoderm (genetics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As meetings and protests took place in Curitiba, activists of Via Campesina and the MST, Brazil's landless people's movement, seized a farm in Santa Tereza do Oeste, in the state of Parana, where Syngenta had illegally planted GM corn and soybeans in the buffer zone of the Iguacu National Park.
Land reform in Africa is led by the Landless People's Movement in South Africa which argues that the official redistribution process is not fast enough for landless rural people.