The SSC will replace the Navy's current fleet of Landing Craft Air Cushion (LCAC) hovercraft over the next 20 years.
What does LCAC stand for?
LCAC stands for Landing Craft Air Cushion
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LCAC
We have 38 other meanings of LCAC in our Acronym Attic
- Local Competitive Athletic Association
- Long Chain Aliphatic Alcohols
- Long Chain Alkylamine Amine
- Language and Culture Atlas of Ashkenazic Jewry (Columbia University)
- Lake City Army Ammunition Plant
- Leadership College Advisory Board (Oregon State Bar)
- Licence Compliance Advisory Board (New South Wales, Australia)
- Local Content Assurance Bureau (Canada)
- Left Common Carotid Artery Blood Flow
- Lake County Airboat Club (Florida, USA)
- Library Consumers' Advisory Council
- Licensed Clinical Addiction Counselor (treatment professional)
- Local Connection Admission Control
- Logistics Crisis Action Cell (US Navy)
- Lorton Community Action Center (Virginia)
- Landing Craft Amphibious Cost Model (air cushion LCAC operations; replacement for OSCAR model)
- Lake County Arts and Cultural Alliance (Groveland, FL)
- London Centre for Arts and Cultural Enterprise (UK)
- Long-Chain Acyl-CoA Esters
- Large Cell Anaplastic Carcinoma of the Lung (cancer)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Makin Island had already completed well deck certifications for landing craft air cushion and landing craft utility operations.
We didn't embark the faster and safer landing craft air cushions (LCACs) as usual.
Landing Craft Air Cushion display, Leap Frog (Navy Parachute Team) performances, flyovers and ship tours are a few of the exciting ways the military shows its expertise over these two days.
With improved speed, strength and maneuverability, the ship is designed to account for a triad of Marine Corps mobility assets to include Ospreys (V-22s), advanced amphibious assault vehicles (AAVs) and landing craft air cushions (LCACs).
Six Landing Craft Air Cushion platforms (LCAC) conducted 48 offloads consisting of 92 vehicles, 199 pieces of Ground Support Equipment, and 661 pieces of organizational cargo.
EDO's role is to provide acquisition and logistics professional services to the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) Amphibious Warfare Program Office (PMS377) for large-deck amphibious ships such as the Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD-8), Landing Helicopter Assault (LHA-6), and the Landing Craft Air Cushion (LCAC), as well as the Amphibious Assault Direction System (AADS) program.
Landing Craft Air Cushion (LCAC) and Osprey tilt-rotor aircraft are used to deliver the Marines.