Recently, the Engine Control System and core Integrated Power System capabilities were tested at the Navy's land-based test site, where automated control of the Navy's first all-electric ship was successfully demonstrated.
What does LBTS stand for?
LBTS stands for Land-Based Test Site
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LBTS
We have 9 other meanings of LBTS in our Acronym Attic
- Land Between the Moors (UK)
- Layer Bispectral Threshold Method (meteorology)
- Land Based Test Network (Space & Naval War Systems Command)
- Litigation by the Numbers (handbook)
- Low Bandwidth Tactical Network
- Large Binocular Telescope Observatory (Mount Graham, Arizona)
- Little Brown Truck Of Joy (UPS truck)
- Launch Base Test Plan
- Long Beach Township Police Department (New Jersey)
- Local Business Tax Receipt (Florida)
- Large Blast Thermal Simulator
- Lauderdale-by-the-Sea (Florida)
- Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary
- Lilian Baylis Technology School (London)
- London Boroughs Transport Scheme (UK)
- Long Baseline Tracking System
- Longitudinal Balance Test Set
- Louisiana Baptist Theological Seminary (Louisiana Baptist University)
- Lower Bound on Time Stamp
- Large Bowel Transit Time
Samples in periodicals archive:
The full-power testing of the motor took place in December at the Navy's land-based test site in Philadelphia.
The contract also includes engineering and technical support for configuration, installation, commissioning, a land-based test site, and sea trials.
Under the terms of the contract, URS will provide engineering and technical expertise to support NSWCDD land-based test sites and laboratories, such as the coalition warrior interoperability demonstration command and control laboratory and distributed engineering plant.
Together, they serve as a comprehensive land-based test site to verify missile integration before the respective newly developed capability is sent to sea.
The facility has a high-performance computing center, a multi-functional land-based test site, live radar support, a collaborative engineering center and connectivity to the Navy's Distributed Engineering Plant.
Navy's Integrated Power System Land-Based Test Site in Philadelphia.
Lockheed Martin will be responsible for: Combat System Design Engineering, the MK92 fire control system -- MOD 12, transmitter improvements, on-board training system and land-based test site integration.