The principles and promises of land value taxation.
What does LVT stand for?
LVT stands for Land Value Taxation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LVT
We have 51 other meanings of LVT in our Acronym Attic
- Lucas Valley Swim Team (San Rafael, CA)
- London Voluntary Sector Training Consortium
- Left Ventricular Systolic Time Intervals
- Landelijke Vereniging Sociaal Verpleegkundigen (Dutch: Rural Nurses Social Association; Netherlands)
- Left Ventricular Stroke Volume
- Liberaal Vlaams Studentenverbond (Dutch: Liberal Flemish Student Association; Belgium)
- Lateral Ventricle Rostral Subventricular Zone
- Left Ventricular Stroke Work (index)
- Left Ventricular Stroke Work Index
- Left Ventricular Systolic Wall Stress
- Landing Vehicle Tracked
- Lars Von Trier (Danish filmmaker)
- Las Vegas Travel (Tarzana, CA)
- Leasehold Valuation Tribunal (UK)
- Left Ventricular Tachycardia
- Leuk Voor Thuis (Dutch: Nice to take with you)
- Licensed Veterinary Technician
- Light Valve Technology
- Lipid Vector Technology (pharmaceuticals)
- Local Virtual Time
Samples in periodicals archive:
A second concern is that more intensive use of land value taxation will lead to denser development, exacerbating many of the problems associated with congestion.
In the nine chapters of this text, ten academics and researchers from the US and South Africa review and assess the ongoing debates about the theory of land value taxation, noting where the empirical work does and does not support the theory; discuss the lessons learned from implementations to date; and relate current views about the necessary supporting legal framework to relevant legal contexts.
Land value taxation (LVT) and resource taxes insure that community-created wealth accrues to the community, except for a fair profit to the business or individual who, through their labor or ingenuity, has improved the land or used the resource efficiently.
The government is considering Land Value Taxation - known as the Smart Tax - as an alternative to the long establish system of business rates.
IF you want to find your 18-year-old offspring after dark these days, don't bother looking in a draughty hall where they are discussing the wonders of Land Value Taxation.
The conclusions summarise the main concerns that would be raised by moving toward land value taxation in the context of a growth management strategy that would make cities more compact.
com/reports/c22894) has announced the addition of Land Value Taxation to their offering This study of the strategic, policy and operational characteristics of Land Value Taxation is a unique and original contribution to Elston knowledge.