This gave impetus to the development of a National Spatial Infrastructure in Botswana taking into consideration of some other existing/ongoing systems such as Integrated Geographical Information System (IGIS), State Land Information Management System (SLIMS), Tribal Land Information Management System (TLIMS) and Botswana National Geographic Information System (BNGIS).
What does LIM stand for?
LIM stands for Land Information Management (forestry industry)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LIM
We have 87 other meanings of LIM in our Acronym Attic
- Laboratory for Integrated Learning and Technology (Illinois State University)
- Laboratory for Interactive Learning Technologies (University of Hawaii)
- Library Information Literacy Tutorial (various organizations)
- Ligated Intestinal Loop Test
- Live Infusion of Local Talent (Colorado Women's Music Festival)
- Low Intensity Laser Therapy (soft tissue injury treatment)
- Low Intensity, Low Temperature
- Long Island Linux Users Group
- Low and Intermediate Level Waste (nuclear industry)
- Laboratory Information Management (Team)
- Land Information Memoranda (New Zealand)
- LaSalle Investment Management (various locations)
- Last Interglacial Maximum
- Latent Image Metrology
- Lawful Intercept Monitor
- Lead Inspection Module
- Leaders in Motion
- Less Is More (design)
- Libros Interactivos Multimedia (Spanish: Multimedia Interactive Books)
- Life Impact Ministries
Samples in periodicals archive:
This functionality enhances infrastructure management, land information management, geospatial intelligence exploitation and production, cartographic production and public safety and security solutions, providing a more realistic reporting and analysis across all solutions where GeoMedia is deployed.
The Calgary Land Information Management (C-LIM) Scoping Project identified a number of key challenges and opportunities, creating a foundation for the C-LIM Program which was launched in May, 2004.
Governments at the local, regional and national levels require current, accurate geospatially related information to make better decisions for emergency, infrastructure and land information management, as well as for security, mapping and public services.
These solutions include geospatial infrastructure management, land information management, geospatial intelligence, geospatial data management and cartography.
NovaLIS, based in Charlotte, North Carolina, is a leading provider of land information management products to government entities.
Professionals representing national and local government organizations; mapping and cartography agencies; academic and research organizations; and geographic information systems (GIS), global positioning systems (GPS) and remote sensing suppliers will explore land information management (LIM) and land surveying and geodesy technologies, which are defining the data sources that establish SDIs.
The Land Projects Division currently is working on the development and implementation of Stewart International's new e-government technology for land information management, landfolio(TM).