Huddersfield Railway Station was designed by JP Pritchett for the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway Company and the Huddersfield and Manchester Railway and Canal Company.
What does LYR stand for?
LYR stands for Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway (England, UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LYR
- Lee, Yang and Parr (mathematics)
- Local Yellow Pages (directory advertising)
- Loft Youth Project (Scotland, UK)
- Lowcountry Young Professionals (South Carolina)
- Lymphomatoid Papulosis (dermatology)
- Lexington Young Professionals Association (Kentucky)
- Livonia Youth Philharmonic of Michigan (Detroit, MI)
- Linda Young Public Relations Ltd. (Glasgow, Scotland)
- Lockhart Youth Pop Warner (Texas)
- Lutheran Youth of Queensland
Samples in periodicals archive:
The carving was of a type of engine known as a "Coppernob", which plied the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway network.
1850 Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway Company open the branch line to Holmfirth which passes through Thongsbridge.