Unless you have expertise in flooring, however, you may not realize that rather than a traditional hardwood floor, they've installed a laminate - a look-alike feel-alike wood floor that costs significantly less than the true hardwood variety.
What does LAM stand for?
LAM stands for Laminate
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of LAM
We have 170 other meanings of LAM in our Acronym Attic
- Lucerne Australian Latent Virus (plants)
- Lakshmi Automatic Loom Works (India)
- Legal Aid Lawyer of the Year (UK; Legal Aid Practitioners Group annual award)
- Center for Lasers and Plasmas for Advanced Manufacturing (Old Dominion University)
- Laboratoire d'Analyses Médicales (French: Medical Analysis Laboratory)
- Laboratoire d’Astrophysique de Marseille (French: Astrophysics Laboratory of Marseille)
- Lactational Amenorrhea Method
- Lagardere Active Media (France)
- Laguna Art Museum (Laguna Beach, CA)
- Lampre - Daikin (Tour de France cycling sponsor)
- Land Administration and Management
- Land Attack Missile
- Landscape Architecture Magazine (American Society of Landscape Architects)
- Large Amplitude Motion (chemical physics)
- Large Aperture Module (laser)
- Large Array Memory
- Laser Aiming Module
- Latin America Monitor (various locations)
- Laughing At Myself
Samples in periodicals archive:
These in-mold laminating techniques, using molding pressures no higher than 1000 psi, are gentle to the laminate cover stock.
WASHINGTON -- As the laminate flooring industry continues to expand and forecasts are calling for a 100 percent increase in the demand for laminate flooring from the reported 920 million in 2004 to 1.
Business Editors/High-Tech Writers CardTech/SecurTech 2004 WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 27, 2004 Datacard Group unveiled a security laminate that offers standard holographic artwork with customizable ink, lower set-up charges and shorter production lead-times than other security laminates at the CardTech/SecurTech 2004 Conference and Exhibition today in Washington, D.
With customers facing the increased cost of real wood veneers, Nevamar continues to lead the industry in creating high pressure laminate woodgrain patterns that can fool even the most skilled eye.
In addition to having all of the typical properties of conventional laminates, Armored Protection laminates provide improved abrasion resistance due to the application of a very thin deposit of microscopic particles of aluminum oxide that acts as a protective layer on the laminate surface.
Laminated Technologies is licensed to laminate Research Frontiers' patented SPD light-control film to glass or plastic for use in SPD-Smart products made by Research Frontiers' licensees.
Absorbex paper is used as core material in laminates, such as decorative high-pressure laminates in floors and kitchen furnishings, and technical laminates for the electronics industry.