He is also a member of the International Panel of Advisors for the Labuan Offshore Financial Services Authority, Malaysia; the Islamic Finance Advisory Council for the Dubai International Financial Centre; the Investment Committee for Bank Negara (central bank of Malaysia) Fund for Shariah Investments; and the Islamic Capital Market Consultative Panel for Bursa Malaysia, and the International Panel of Advisors from the Securities Commission Malaysia.
What does LOFSA stand for?
LOFSA stands for Labuan Offshore Financial Services Authority
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- Letter of Financial Responsibility
- Liaison Officer
- Lube, Oil, Filter, Rotation
- Live Oak Family Resource Center (Santa Cruz, CA)
- Lakes of the Four Seasons (Crown Point, Indiana)
- Licensed Operator in Front Seat (drivers license)
- Life of Field Seismic (oilfields)
- Loopback File System
- LOopback virtual File System
- Lack of Freakin' Talent (polite form)
- Launch Operations Flight Test (space)
- Learning Opportunities for Teachers
- Leave on for Trial
- Leyton Orient Fans' Trust (UK)
- Line-Oriented Flight Training
- Living Our Faith Together
- Local Oscillator Feedthrough
- Logic and the Foundations of Game and Decision Theory
- Loss Of Fluid Test (Idaho National Engineering Lab)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Meanwhile, the Labuan Offshore Financial Services Authority (LOFSA) said on Friday that US sanctions against the Malaysian subsidiary of Iran's Bank Mellat will not affect its operations in Labuan.
Badawi, who was honored by the British government first with an OBE (Order of the British Empire) and then a Knighthood, was a member of Bank Negara Malaysia's National Shariah Council and a member of Labuan Offshore Financial Services Authority (LOFSA's) Shariah board.
Given its offshore status operating in Malaysia's offshore financial center of Labuan, LFX is not subject to the onshore selective capital controls and will be regulated by the Labuan Offshore Financial Services Authority (LOFSA), rather than the Malaysia Securities Commission.
Among his many roles were that of Chief Representative of BNM's London representative office, the Director of Bank Negara Malaysia's bank regulation department and the Director-General of the Labuan Offshore Financial Services Authority from 1999.
Labuan Offshore Financial Services Authority (LOFSA) has extended Dato' Azizan Abd Rahman's tenure as the Director-General of LOFSA for another two years with effect from 1 July 2009.