He says the architecture created only two new protocols -- Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) and Link Management Protocol (LMP) -- and that everything else incorporated existing protocols.
What does LDP stand for?
LDP stands for Label Distribution Protocol (IETF)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of LDP
We have 145 other meanings of LDP in our Acronym Attic
- Louisiana Department of Transportation
- Low-Dose Opiate Therapy
- lower disorder-to-order transition
- Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development
- Landowner Decision Organization Unit
- Low-Dose BZD (Benzodiazepine) Occasional Users
- Last Day of Work
- Linked Data on the Web
- Lorry Driver of the Year Association (UK)
- Laban ng Demokratikong Pilipino (Philippines political group)
- Lancha de Desembarque Pequena (Portuguese Navy)
- Land Disturbing Permit (Virginia)
- Landed Duty Paid
- Landing Decision Point (final point in rotorcraft approach when a balked landing may be accomplished)
- Lane Departure Prevention (automotive)
- Language and Diversity Program
- Language Designated Position
- Large Deviation Principle
- Latihan Dalam Perkhidmatan (Malay: In-Service Training; education)
- Le Domaine Public (French: The Public Domain)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Items Covered: * Building Converged Service Networks with IP/MPLS VPN Technology * IP/MPLS VPN Multi-Service Network Overview * Using MPLS Label Switched Paths as Service Transport Tunnels * Routing Protocol Traffic Engineering and CSPF * RSVP-TE Protocol * MPLS Resiliency Secondary LSP * MPLS Resiliency RSVP-TE LSP Fast Reroute * Label Distribution Protocol * IP/MPLS VPN Service Routing Architecture * Virtual Leased Line Services * Virtual Private LAN Service * Hierarchical VPLS * High Availability in an IP/MPLS VPN Network * VLL Service Resiliency * VPLS Service Resiliency * VPLS BGP Auto-Discovery * PBB-VPLS * OAM in a VPLS Service Network A dedicated services model is not cost-efficient for either service providers or customers.
The tests, conducted with Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) and Resource Reservation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) as signaling protocols, demonstrated the ability to efficiently provision networks using MPLS traffic engineering and to establish VPNs.
Both test sessions performed testing on the Internet Engineering Task Force's (IETF) RFC 2547 standard, which uses the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) to propagate information about MPLS VPNs, and MPLS Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) to support Layer 3 VPNs.
GDC), today announced a successful interworking demonstration of constrained routing using the label distribution protocol (LDP), a key component in the much anticipated Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) standard to deliver high-performance wide area internetworking.
The tests focused on demonstrating vendor interoperability for RFC 2547 and the MPLS Label Distribution Protocol to efficiently provision Virtual Private Networks, which are key to carriers' development of next-generation Internet Protocol services.
0 software release, Avici is delivering the fourth major release of its software and adding Multi-protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Distribution Protocol (LDP), M -BGP and two-port Gigabit Ethernet interface support for the TSR.
In the demonstration, customer VLAN information is mapped to MPLS labels using Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) in conjunction with the IETF Martini Draft for signaling layer 2 VPNs across a provider's IP/MPLS backbone.