The corporate customer reduces costs by dealing with a single ISP for its global telecommuting requirements without having to increasingly purchase larger and more powerful L2TP Network Servers (LNS) to terminate thousands of tunnels from many POPs.
What does LNS stand for?
LNS stands for L2TP Network Server (terminates L2TP tunnels & provides PPP and network termination)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of LNS
We have 71 other meanings of LNS in our Acronym Attic
- Lakeshore Natural Resource Partnership (Sturgeon Bay, WI)
- Leeuwin Naturaliste Ridge Policy (Australia)
- Liverpool Neighbourhood Regeneration Programme (UK)
- Lower Niagara River Region Chamber of Commerce (Lewiston, NY)
- Landing Night Recovery System (USAF)
- Liverpool Nautical Research Society (est. 1938; Liverpool, UK)
- Local Neighbourhood Renewal Strategy (UK)
- Lymph Node Revealing Solution (cancer detection)
- Lewisite Near Real-Time Monitor
- East Lansing (Amtrak station code; East Lansing, MI)
- Laboratori Nazionali del Sud (Italy)
- Laboratory for Neutron Scattering
- Lancaster, PA, USA - Lancaster (Airport Code)
- Land Navigation System
- Lanier National Speedway (Braselton, Georgia)
- Leafy Normal Stature (botany)
- Lecture Notes in Statistics
- Liberation News Service
- Lincoln North Star (Lincoln, NE high school)
- Literacy and Numeracy Strategy (New Zealand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Now the Redback SmartEdge family provides a complete suite of enhanced functions for sending, receiving or balancing wholesale broadband L2TP tunnels, including L2TP Network Server (LNS), L2TP Access Server (LAC) and L2TP Tunnel Switch (LTS) on a platform designed for carrier-class reliability, consumer-level scalability and integration of consumer and business IP services.
1Q VLAN support - OSI over ATM & TARP - SNA APPN Boundary Function for DLSw - IP Multicast for DLSw Virtual Private Networking (VPN) Features - L2TP Network Server (LNS) support - Generic Route Encapsulation (GRE) tunneling - Integrated BaySecure FireWall enhancements - N-to-1 Network Address Translation (NAT) WAN Services and Traffic Management - Frame Relay switched virtual circuit (SVC) support - Enhanced data compression hardware and software - IGMP Relay - System Services - Embedded Web server - RMON2 support for applications monitoring BayRS 13.