At each location - the World War II Memorial, the Korean War Veterans Memorial, the Vietnam Veterans War Memorial and Arlington National Cemetery (for the fallen buried there and those who have lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan) - there will be a remembrance ceremony including prayers by a member of the clergy and the playing of Taps by a military bugler from one of the branches of our armed forces.
What does KOWA stand for?
KOWA stands for Korean War Veterans Memorial (US National Park Service)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of KOWA
- Kobuk Valley National Park (US National Park Service)
- Knights of Columbus of Virginia Assistance for the Retarded
- Knights of Virginia Assistance for the Retarded
- Kernow Old Vehicle Club (UK)
- Metal Workers Unions (Slovakia)
- Knock on Wood
- Koreans of Williams (Williamstown, MA)
- Kyprides, Ouzounis, Woese
- Octanol - Water Partition Coefficient
- Kentucky Onsite Wastewater Association (Lawrenceburg, KY)
- Kongres Wanita Indonesia (Indonesian: Indonesian Women's Conference)
- Krajowy Osrodek Wspierania Edukacji Zawodowej (Polish: National Center for Education Support Professionals)
- Koordinierungsstelle EG der Wissenschaftsorganisationen (Coordination office of science organisations; Bonn, Germany)
- Kooperatives Wissensmanagement in Engineering Netzwerken (German: Cooperative Knowledge Networks in Engineering)
- Korean World Cup Organising Committee
- Kings of Western Swing (band)
- Public Authority for Industry Standards and Industrial Services Affairs (Kuwait)
- Knights of the White Wolf (family style guild)
- Knights of Xentar (game)
- King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
After the pictures, we headed back to the buses to continue our exciting day of visiting each individual service's memorial as well as the Korean War Veterans Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial and Iwo Jima Memorial before ending the day with a wreath laying and a changing of the guard ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknowns in Arlington National Cemetery.
On May 30th the Windsor/Essex County Korean War Veterans Memorial will be unveiled and dedicated to honour the 516 Canadians who died.
The Korean War Veterans Memorial, a sculpture of weary-looking soldiers trudging along in their rain ponchos, then was installed directly across the Reflecting Pool.
The Vietnam Veterans Memorial (1982), the Korean War Veterans Memorial (1995), the Women in Military Service for America Memorial (1997), and so on--all replicated in various states and towns.
To commemorate this day, the National League of Families POW/MIA flag is flown over the White House, the Capitol, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the Korean War Veterans Memorial, the World War II Memorial, and other locations across our country.
Volunteers will assist with much needed painting projects at the World War II Memorial, the Korean War Veterans Memorial, the Franklin D.
But the 54-mile stretch of Highway 126 is already called the Korean War Veterans Memorial Highway, a designation it received in 1997.