com (818) 713-3738 CAPTION(S): 4 photos Photo: (1 -- 4) Korean Immigrant Workers Advocates, top, join the demonstrators marching in support of immigrants' rights in downtown Los Angeles on Saturday.
What does KIWA stand for?
KIWA stands for Korean Immigrant Workers Advocates
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of KIWA
We have 2 other meanings of KIWA in our Acronym Attic
- Kent Island Volunteer Fire Department (Stevensville, MD)
- Kilpailuvirasto (Finnish: Finnish Competition Authority)
- Kit for In Vitro Isolation
- Koninklijk Instituut Van Ingenieurs (Royal Dutch Engineer Institute)
- Kommunikation in Verteilten Systemen (German)
- Katahdin Iron Works (historic site; Maine)
- Keenan Ivory Wayans (comedian)
- Kitagawa Iron Works (Japan)
- Kompetenzzentrum Instandhaltung Weinheim (German professional training company)
- Kootenay Innovative Wood (South Slocan, British Columbia, Canada)
- Koreatown Immigrant Workers Alliance (Los Angeles, CA)
- Kisumu Water and Sewerage Company (Kenya)
- Kids Internet World Explorer
- Kabarole Integrated Women's Effort in Development (Uganda)
- Kill It with Fire
- Klingon Imperial Weapons Guild
- Kentucky Info Web, Incorporated (Bowling Green, KY)
- Kids in the Workforce Institute (Lynchburg College; Lynchburg, VA)
- Korean Institute for Women and Politics
- Kangaroo Island Wilderness Resort
Samples in periodicals archive:
The majority of undocumented immigrants working in the Korean community are a great help to Korean businesses and to the overall economy of the Korean community," said Kang Choi, a consultant with the Korean Immigrant Workers Advocates in Los Angeles.
LOS ANGELES WORKER ADVOCATES COALITION (LAWAC) * Asian Pacific American Legal Center * Bet Tzedek Legal Services * Garment Worker Center * Korean Immigrant Workers Advocates * Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles * Maintenance Cooperation Trust Fund * National Day Laborer Organizing Network * Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County * Sweatshop Watch * UCLA Labor Center CONTACT: Gina Lobaco, Marketing & Development Director of Bet Tzedek - The House of Justice, +1-323-549-5813, globaco@bettzedek.
In response, a group called Korean Immigrant Workers Advocates has called for a boycott of two of the most popular Korean restaurants in Los Angeles, Cho Sun Galbi and So Gong Dong Soon Tofu Restaurant.
Park, general counsel for Korean Immigrant Workers Advocates, said his community remains frustrated by a law enforcement community he contends is slow to respond to its needs.