The company is taking this step because of the recently approved South Korea-United States Free Trade Agreement (KORUS), which reduces South Korea's tariff on passenger vehicles from 8 percent to 4 percent and eventually to zero, and the decreasing value of United States currency.
What does KORUS FTA stand for?
KORUS FTA stands for Korea-United States Free Trade Agreement
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society
- Katherine Off Road Motorcycle Sports Club (Katherine, Australia)
- Korea Regional Office (US Army)
- Keystone Off Road Riders (Pennsylvania)
- Knoxville Oak Ridge Regional Network
- Kentucky Orthopedic Rehabilitation Team (private practice physical therapy group)
- Knights of the Round Table (online gamers)
- Korea International Textile Machinery Exhibition
- Russian-Korean International Symposium on Science and Technology
- South Korea-United States Free Trade Agreement
Samples in periodicals archive:
Key Opportunities - The South Korea-United States free trade agreement is likely to provide greater export opportunities for the Korean manufacturing sector in the medium-to-long term, which could filter down to greater retail and hospitality real estate demand and uptake.
WASHINGTON -- The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) reemphasizes its opposition to the South Korea-United States Free Trade Agreement (KORUS FTA) as Congress begins debate on the flawed trade deal.