Promotions have been so vast that shoppers have become somewhat detached from understanding Known Value Item pricing due to the extent of activity, so helping to trade protect margin.
What does KVI stand for?
KVI stands for Known Value Item (retailing)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of KVI
We have 5 other meanings of KVI in our Acronym Attic
- Kentucky Virtual High School (also seen as KVS)
- Klickitat Valley Health Services (Goldendale, WA)
- Katholiek Vlaams Hoogstudentenverbond (Catholic Flanders University Union; Belgium)
- Kernfysisch Versneller Instituut
- Keuring voor Ingebruikname (Dutch: Inspection before Commissioning)
- Key Volume Indicator
- Khadi and Village Industries (India)
- Kingdom Ventures, Inc. (est. 1990; Christian mission; Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)
- Kiski Valley Inn (Saltsburg, PA)
- Khadi & Village Industries Board (India)
- Kent Valley Ice Centre (Kent, WA)
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (India)
- Kachina Village Improvement District
- Karlovy Vary International Film Festival
- Kensington Valley Ice House
- Khmer Voice in Poetry (est. 1995)
- Kumasi Ventilated-Improved Pit (sanitation facility; Ghana)
- Katonah Village Improvement Society (Katonah, NY)
- Kentucky Vehicle Information System (vehicle registration)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They are partly reliant on the 10% 'off' days and prices in the stores are up to 5% more expensive on known value items than at B&Q, partly to compensate for the cost ofthe loyalty card.
The grocer has two potential choices: to improve the shopping experience to justify the price position or to lower prices on known value items to align customer expectations with the shopping experience.
There is no indication whether or not bananas will be included in the multiples' price war, but Asda's declaration is worrying, and bananas are one of the known value items.
Bacon is a known value item and everyone is fighting for the floating customer.
However, customer perceptions will really start to change when Morrisons tackles Safeway's ambient packaged grocery range--which has a high number of known value item products, predicted UBS.
Also, Andrex is a known value item controlling 26% to 30% of the toilet tissue market--not the sort of brand retailers like to lose from their shelves.
Sainsbury continued to run promotions, promising at the same time to match prices for selected known value items.