But an extensive investigation failed to name the soldier, who was buried as a Northumberland fusilier known unto God.
What does KUG stand for?
KUG stands for Known Unto God
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of KUG
We have 2 other meanings of KUG in our Acronym Attic
- Kingdom Under Fire Heroes (video game)
- Kampuchean United Front for National Salvation (Vietnam opposotion party)
- Kuwait University Faculty of Medicine
- Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Company
- Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company
- Kentucky Underground Fetish Society (Lexington, KY)
- Kyoto University of Foreign Studies
- Kasetsart University Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (Thailand)
- Kalido User Group (software group)
- Karoo User Group (est. 2001; UK)
- Karate Union of Great Britain
- Kyoto University Guitar Club
- Kultur Und Geschichte Gehoerloser (German: Culture and History of the Deaf)
- Kansas University Hospital
- Kidney Urologic and Hematologic Diseases
- Kingston Upon Hull (UK)
- Kinki University Hospital (Japan)
- Kobe University Hospital (Japan)
- Koblenzer Ultimate Helden (German: Koblenz Ultimate Heroes)
- Kochan Uchihashi Hautzinger (Polish musical trio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Thousands lie under white headstones carrying the words chosen by Rudyard Kipling: A Soldier of the Great War Known Unto God.
Even those who were found and buried were not always identified and their headstones bear the poignant words Known Unto God.