Seeking to jump-start restoration efforts by using renewable power development along the sea's shores, the initiative will leverage the Known Geothermal Resource Area sited in the southeastern part of the sea while simultaneously help address negative habitat and air quality issues facing the region.
What does KGRA stand for?
KGRA stands for Known Geothermal Resource Area
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of KGRA
- Kate Grace Physical Therapy (San Diego, CA)
- Kentucky Growth Readiness (land development)
- Key Generator Receiver
- Kirk Goodwin Run (est. 1984)
- Kondor Global Risk (Thomson Reuters)
- Kool G. Rap (hip hop artist)
- Koru's Game Reviews
- Kristal Golf Resort (Malaysia)
- Kukup Golf Resort (Malaysia)
- Kansas Gay Rodeo Association (est. 1986)
- Kent Gardens Recreation Club (McLean, VA)
- Kang Guru Radio English
- Károli Gáspár Református Egyetem
- Kabupaten Governance Reform Initiatives Project (Indonesia)
- Robert Gray Army Airfield (NWS radar site)
- Korean Government Research Official
- Kieler Gymnasial Ruderverein
- Kommunales Gebietsrechenzentrum
- Kansas Geological Survey
- Karvy Global Services (New York, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Located in Brawley, California, CalEnergy operates 10 geothermal electrical generating plants in the Salton Sea Known Geothermal Resource Area, in Southern California's Imperial Valley.
today announced geothermal leases in the North Brawley Known Geothermal Resource Area (KGRA) in Imperial County, Calif.
The new plant is expected to increase the total output supplied from the Steamboat Known Geothermal Resource Area to Sierra Pacific Power Company by between 15 and 25 MW, bringing the total output of the Steamboat KGRA Complex to approximately 90 MW.
The transaction includes the companies' geothermal resource assets, contracts, leases and development opportunities associated with the Glass Mountain Known Geothermal Resource Area (Glass Mountain KGRA) located in Siskiyou County, Calif.
When exploratory wells came up dry, BPA agreed to consider a project in the Glass Mountain Known Geothermal Resource Area just south of the Oregon border.
Dow and Magma have enjoyed a long-standing relationship resulting in highly efficient and productive plant operations and proprietary brine processing technologies enabling Magma to optimize its opportunity at the Salton Sea Known Geothermal Resource Area (KGRA), one of the most productive geothermal resources in the world.
NASDAQ: MGMA) today announced that it has acquired from Freeport McMoRan Resource Partners approximately 17,000 acres of geothermal leaseholds at the Salton Sea Known Geothermal Resource Area (KGRA) in Southern California's Imperial Valley.