En route to the initial approach fix at 10,000 feet Mean Sea Level, while dumping gas and flying radar trail in the weather at night, the indicated airspeed on both the heads up display and electronic altitude display indicator decreased to 14 knots indicated air speed.
What does KIAS stand for?
KIAS stands for Knots Indicated Air Speed
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of KIAS
We have 2 other meanings of KIAS in our Acronym Attic
- Karnataka Industrial Areas Development Board (India)
- Kurchatov Institute of Atomic Energy (Kurchatov, Kazakhstan)
- Kiev International Advertising Festival (Ukraine)
- Korea International Art Fair
- George Bush Intercontinental/Houston Airport
- Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics (Russia)
- Korean Institute for Accreditation of Medical Image
- Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies
- Kashmir Institute for Advanced Studies (Kashmir, Pakistan)
- Kids in a Sandbox (Internet video)
- Kodak Image Access Standard (Kodak Retail Digital Systems)
- Korea Institute for Advanced Study
- Krasnow Institute for Advanced Study
- Korea Institute of Applied Superconductivity and Cryogenics
- Keenan Institute Asia
- Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (Tanzania)
- Korea Institute for Advanced Theological Studies
- Karaj Islamic Azad University (Iran)
- Ketchup Is A Vegetable (political blog)
- Kentucky/Indiana Automotive Wholesalers Association (Dublin, OH)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A-10 pilots are advised to achieve 2,000 feet AGL and 200 Knots Indicated Air Speed (KIAS) prior to shutting down an engine.
As I saw the 5,000-foot remaining marker go by us, I rechecked the airspeed, 107 Knots Indicated Air Speed (KIAS).