Recognizing his significant worldwide contribution, he has been bestowed a Knight Commander of the British Empire and Commander of the Legion d'Honneur by France.
What does KCBE stand for?
KCBE stands for Knight Commander of the British Empire
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of KCBE
- Kanto Collegiate Basketball Federation (Kanto, Japan)
- Kansas City Bible College (Kansas City, MO)
- Kansas City Bicycle Club (Kansas City, MO)
- Kerala Catholic Bishops Council
- Kettering and Corby Broadcasting Company (now Connect Radio; UK)
- Knox County Bicycle Challenge (Ohio)
- Kansas City Business Committee for the Arts (Missouri)
- Kansas Competency-Based Curriculum Center
- Kanawha County Board of Education (West Virginia)
- Key City Bald Eagles (R/C Flying Club)
- Koko Crater Botanical Garden (Honolulu, Hawaii)
- Kent County Bowhunters Association (Thamesville, ON, Canada)
- Kansas City Brownfields Initiative (Missouri and Kansas)
- KennistransferCentrum Bouw & Industrie (Almere, The Netherlands)
- Ketchikan Credit Bureau, Inc. (Alaska)
- King County Bar Institute (King County Bar Association; Seattle, WA)
- Kreative Computer Basics, Inc. (Atlanta, GA)
- Kamloops Central Business Improvement Association (Canada)
- Keep Coming Back, It Works If You Work It
- Kansas City Business Journal (Kansas City, Missouri)
Samples in periodicals archive:
President Carlos Ghosn will be created an Honorary Knight Commander of the British Empire (KBE) for his contribution to the economic development of Japan and Britain, Nissan officials said Tuesday.
Murrow's last years brought two prestigious awards: in September, 1964, he received the Presidential Medal of Freedom, America's highest peacetime civilian honor, and in March, 1965, Queen Elizabeth made him a Knight Commander of the British Empire.
Although he cannot call himself Sir Pele, he can use the letters KBE - Knight Commander of the British Empire - after his name.
He has received the Legion of Honor (Commander) from France, became an honorary Knight Commander of the British Empire and received the Medal of Freedom, the United States' highest civil award.
He was made a Knight Commander of the British Empire in 1972 for his contributions to British music.