Injecting the flowlines with kinetic hydrate inhibitors avoids the formation of hydrates and minimizes the risk of pipeline blockages.
What does KHI stand for?
KHI stands for Kinetic Hydrate Inhibitor (oil & gas industry term)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of KHI
We have 13 other meanings of KHI in our Acronym Attic
- Knock House Hotel (Ireland)
- Kuronbo Hunters of Hawaii
- Kidderminster Hospital and Health Concern (UK)
- Kings Heath Hockey Club (UK)
- Keystone Heights High School (Florida)
- Killarney Heights High School (New South Wales, Australia)
- Karachi, Pakistan - Karachi (Airport Code)
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd (Japan)
- Kelvin-Helmholtz Instability (astrophysics)
- Kevin Harvick Inc (race team)
- Kingdom Hotel Investments (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
- Kansas Health Insurance Association (Great Bend, KS)
- King Hussein International Airport (Jordan)
- Kentucky Highlands Investment Corporation
- Karen Hall Interior Designs (Austin, TX)
- Korea Health Industry Development Institute (Seoul, South Korea)
- Kingdom Hearts 2 (game)
- Kingdom Hearts 3 (video game)
- Kentucky Health Investment for Kids
- Kamat Hotels India Limited (est. 1986; Mumbai, India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The ability to accurately measure the water temperature along the export pipelines and identify when kinetic hydrate inhibitors are needed eliminates the need to purchase, transport, store, pump and then remove the inhibitors and this translates into cost savings.
The inhibitors were developed at Exxon during a four-year research effort starting with a fundamental study of the kinetic hydrate inhibitor molecule.