The team discovered that hydrolysis broke proteins down from 150-200 kilodaltons in size to about 10.
What does kDa stand for?
kDa stands for Kilodaltons (molecular weight)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of kDa
We have 70 other meanings of kDa in our Acronym Attic
- Kansas Department of Administration
- Karachi Development Authority (Pakistan)
- Kazaa Download Accelerator (software)
- Kentucky Department of Agriculture
- Kentucky Dietetic Association (advocate)
- Kentucky Distillers Association
- Kentucky Dressage Association
- Khulna Development Authority (Bangladesh)
- Kill Destroy Annihilate (gaming clan)
- Kills Deaths Assists (gaming)
- Known Direction of Arrival
- Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace (Norway)
- Kuratorium Deutsche Altershilfe (German: Trustees German Old-Age Insurance)
- Kent Drug Alcohol Action Team (UK)
- Knott Drug Abuse Council (Kentucky)
- Knox Disability Advisory Committee (Victoria, Australia)
- Krieg Devault Alexander & Capehart (law firm; Indianapolis, IN)
- Kundat Djaru Aboriginal Corporation (Australia)
- Kaohsiung District Agricultural Improvement Station (Taiwan)
- Kongelig Dansk Automobil Klub (Danish: Royal Danish Automobile Club)
Samples in periodicals archive:
tuberculosis-specific antigens, such as 6 kilodaltons ESAT-6 and culture filtrate protein CFP-10 of 10 kilodaltons (9,10).
Papain hydrolysates contained high molecular weight peptides-23 kilodaltons (kDa) to 132 kDa.
Anaphore's novel Atrimer[TM] drug candidates are engineered from a fully-human serum protein that is naturally secreted as a trimeric structure of approximately 60 kilodaltons and designed to have biological, manufacturing and commercial advantages over traditional drugs.
The researchers used the instrument to test a sample of the protein bovine serum albumin (BSA), which is known to have a mass of 66 kilodaltons.
Nucleotide sequence comparison of haemolysin encoding hlyA gene from classical and El Tor strains reveal the presence of an 11 base-pair deletion in classical strains that results in a truncated protein product of 27 kilodaltons in classical strains rendering it non haemolytic, whereas in El Tor strains the HlyA is intact 82 kilodalton and biologically active (12).
To understand how the site of pegylation and the size of the PEG molecule affect antiviral specific activity, researchers at Schering-Plough Research Institute prepared for biological analysis purified positional pegylation isomers of interferon alfa-2b pegylated at various sites with PEG polymers ranging from 5 to 30 kilodaltons (kD) in size.
They have molecular weights ranging from about 2 to 100 kilodaltons and a well defined geometry in water solution, particularly in the region surrounding the active site.