Although today's standard is 56 kilobaud, I've kept with my 33.
What does kBd stand for?
kBd stands for Kilobaud
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of kBd
We have 20 other meanings of kBd in our Acronym Attic
- Knoxville Building and Construction Trades Council (Tennessee)
- Kajima Building & Design (various locations)
- Kampfmittel Beseitigungs Dienst (German organization for defusing old military bombs and weapons)
- Kappa Beta Delta (business honor society)
- Karelian Bear Dog (breed)
- Kashin-Beck Disease (bone disease)
- KBC Bank Deutschland (German bank)
- Kew Bibliographic Databases (botanical research website)
- Killed By Death (punk music slang)
- King Black Dragon (gaming, Runescape)
- Kings Bench Division
- Kitchen & Bath Design
- Knowledge Base Development (US DoD)
- Kosovo Business Directory
- Thousand of Barrels Per Day
- Korea Business Development Center (Des Plaines, IL)
- Kingston Bagpuize Drama Group (Oxfordshire, England)
- Keetch-Byram Drought Index
- Hartford/Springfield Bradley Airport (Connecticut)
Samples in periodicals archive:
6 kilobaud with normal operating speeds at 9600 baud.
While Boeing claims faster connection speeds, 20 megabaud to IFN's 200 kilobaud, both ventures rely on satellite transmissions to provide access to passengers, bouncing everything from football games to newscasts to downloadable files onto the plane.
8 kilobaud modem, although it will also work with a 14.
8 kilobaud modem, a 4x CD-ROM reader and a high-resolution monitor.