Report date 28th June 2011 Status Drilling 8 1/2" hole at 2,596 metres Past Week's Operations * Drilled 8 1/2" hole from 1,595 to 2,596 metres including * Horizontal section from 2,106 to 2,596 metres Objective Cambay Eocene "tight" reservoir Y Zone Kick off point for 1,167 metres deviation Planned Total Depth (TD) Approximately 2,885 metres Well duration Approximately 35 days on a trouble free basis All depths refer to measured depth below rig rotary table ("MD") After kicking off from the vertical hole at 1,167 metres, the well was drilled to the horizontal landing point at 2,106 meters and the horizontal section drilled to 2,596 metres.
What does KOP stand for?
KOP stands for Kick Off Point (oil industry)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of KOP
We have 27 other meanings of KOP in our Acronym Attic
- Kids Officially On-Line (grant program; New Jersey)
- Klant Order Ontkoppel Punt (Dutch: Customer Order Disconnect Point)
- Keep Out of Reach of Children
- Knee Injury and Osteoarthritis Outcome Score
- Kiekko-Vantaa (ice hockey team)
- Kansallisosakepankki (Finnish: National Share Bank)
- Keep on Playing (fanzine)
- Key Operating Procedure (various organizations)
- Khan Online Philippines (gaming)
- Kick Off Plug (oil industry)
- King of Pop
- King of Prussia (Pennsylvania)
- Kit of Parts
- Knights of Pythias
- Knowledge Oriented Policies
- Kontaktplan (German: Ladder Diagram)
- Kundenorientierte Prozesse
- Kisses on Paper Are Not So Sweet So Save Them All Until We Meet
- Komando Pasukan Khusus (Indonesian Army special forces unit)
- Komando Pasukan Khusus
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, even if it does gloss over the ten albums prior to its kick off point, it is an excellent place for newcomers to begin if they can be persuaded to investigate.
The forward plan is to drill vertically to the kick off point at a depth of 10,757 feet, at which time the well will be deviated such that it is horizontal at a measured depth (MD) of 11,537 feet.