Then, using a 2009 malaria prevalence map provided by co-authors at the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) and the Malaria Atlas Project to estimate the disease's prevalence in each location being studied, they inferred each resident's probability of being infected and the daily probability that visitors to particular areas would become infected.
What does KMRI stand for?
KMRI stands for Kenya Medical Research Institute
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of KMRI in our Acronym Attic
- Kwajalein Missile Range (US Army; now Reagan Test Site)
- Korea Media Rating Board
- Katrineholms Mini Racing Club (radio controlled car club; Katrineholm, Sweden)
- Kent Model Rallycross Club (UK)
- Kentucky Medical Research Center (Lexington, KY)
- Knowledge Management Research Center (various universities)
- Knowledge Media Research Center
- Kochi Metro Rail Corporation (Kochi, India)
- Kwajalein Missile Range Erector
- Knowledge Management Research Group
- Kiss My Royal Irish Arse (James Joyce's Ulysses) :-)
- Knighted Member of the Royal Irish Academy
- Kingston and Merton Real Nappy Network (parenting group; UK)
- Kentucky Medical Review Organization
- Kentucky Motorcycle Riders Organization
- Karnataka Municipal Reforms Project (India)
- Knowledge Management Research & Practice (journal)
- Kochi Metro Rail Project (India)
- Kessler Medical Rehabilitation Research and Education Corporation (Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation; West Orange, NJ)
- Kristineberg Marine Research Station
Samples in periodicals archive:
Acknowledgments We thank project staff for collection of samples and data management, the community of Bigege for their cooperation, and our partners in the Kenya Medical Research Institute /US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Kisumu, Kenya, for their permission to undertake the study and for guidance and logistical support.
An adult male hamster obtained from the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) animal house was used to feed a colony of a Kenyan strain of female P.
In 1973, the unit was permanently established in N airobi, working through an agreement with the Kenya Medical Research Institute, Gordon said.
Each volunteer completed and was given a copy of a Kiswahili and English language human use protocol approved by the Kenya Medical Research Institute and the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research.
The Conference is hosted by the Ministries of East African Community, Public Health and Sanitation, Medical Services and the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), with planning support from several public and private institutions and organizations.
A study by Scott Geibel of the Population Council and Eduard Sanders of the Kenya Medical Research Institute estimated that 739 MSM sex workers are active in Mombasa, Kenya.
Probing unexpected results for global health: - Elijah Songok at the Kenya Medical Research Institute will explore whether natural resistance to HIV may be linked to genetic markers for type 2 diabetes.