The plant which already generates 115 megawatts of energy to the main grid was launched by the Kenya Electricity Generating Company (KenGen) in 2009.
What does KENGEN stand for?
KENGEN stands for Kenya Electricity Generating Company (est. 1998)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
- Kenyan Battalion (Kenyan Forces serving with United Nations)
- Kenya National Bureau of Statistics
- Korea Engineering and Consulting Association (Seoul)
- Kenya Network for Dissemination of Agricultural Technologies (est. 1992)
- Kenya Network for Draught Animal Technology
- Kenya Debt Relief Network
- Kanden Energy Solution (Japan)
- Kenya Education Network
- Kenya National Federation of Agricultural Producers
- Kingston East Neighbourhood Group (Australia)
- Kenya Energy and Environment Organization (Kenya)
- Kenya Network of Grassroots Organisations
- Kenya Network Information Centre
- Keyvan English Language Training
- Kennewick School District
- Popular Covert Term to Describe A Garage
- Kentucky, Ohio, Virginia (town in West Virginia)
- Kent Equal Employability Partnership (UK)
- Key Environmental Non-Judgemental Task Force (fictional agency; Nebulous; British Broadcasting Corporation)
- Kaiser Electro Optics
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition, the Kenya Electricity Generating Company (KenGen) is also experimenting with steam and solar energies to complement existing power production structures.
The Kenya Electricity Generating Company (Ken-Gen) has raised $920 in loans for a 280 megawatt (MW) geothermal project.
Chinese win drilling contract Olkaria East and Olkaria II are owned and operated by the state owned power generating company, Kenya Electricity Generating Company (KenGen), which continues to dominate power generation in Kenya, despite power sector deregulation.
The offshoot responsible for transmission and distribution, Kenya Power and Lighting Company (KPLC), has already been partly privatised as well as the Kenya Electricity Generating Company.
Kenya Electricity Generating Company Limited Energy - Alternative Energy SWOT Report is a comprehensive report of the company including both quantitative and qualitative research.
Kenya Electricity Generating Company (KenGen) intends to get 1.
Olenchoe said that Kenya Electricity Generating Company, KenGen, executes the project for the government.