The act extends many of the provisions contained in the Katrina Emergency Tax Relief Act of 2005 to cover individuals and businesses affected by hurricanes Rita and Wilma.
What does KETRA stand for?
KETRA stands for Katrina Emergency Tax Relief Act of 2005 (US)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Keppel Environmental Technology Centre (Singapore)
- Korea Electric Traffic Co., Ltd. (Gyeonggi-Do, South Korea)
- Kansas Elks Training Center for the Handicapped, Inc.
- Kirk Ella Tool Design (UK)
- Kunming Economic and Technology Development Zone (China)
- Kenya Tea Packers Ltd
- Therapy Center for Dependent Individuals (Greece)
- Korea Electric Testing Institute (est. 1970)
- Korea Electronics Technology Institute
- Ketlenan National Association (Colombia)
- Kenya Trypanosomiasis Research Institute
- Kentucky Education Technology System
- Keyboard Ensemble and Technology Seminar (music education)
- Kentucky Educational Television
- Cost of Ungeared Equity
- Kernel Execution Unit
- Korean Employee Union
- Korean Engineer Unit
- Kansas Electric Utilities Research Program (Topeka, KS)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Taxpayers who claimed the earned income credit (EIC) and refundable child credit on their 2004 Federal income tax returns may be eligible to use their 2004 earned income to calculate these credits for 2005; see Katrina Emergency Tax Relief Act of 2005 Section 406 and JCX-69-05 (9/22/05), p.
CCH (Riverwoods, IL) has published two books to help professionals understand and comply with the Katrina Emergency Tax Relief Act of 2005 and the Gulf Opportunity Zone Act of 2005.
28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- President Bush recently signed the Katrina Emergency Tax Relief Act of 2005 (KETRA), providing a number of tax benefits for victims of Hurricane Katrina.
Employee Benefits Law: ERISA and Beyond also features IRS and PBGC forms and includes thorough coverage of recent landmark Supreme Court decisions, the Katrina Emergency Tax Relief Act of 2005, the Pension Funding Equity Act of 2004, the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 (EGTRRA), the IRS's Voluntary Compliance Resolution (VCR) Program, the Small Business Job Protection Act of 1996, and other developments.
LOOKING AHEAD CPAs will have to be aware of the Katrina Emergency Tax Relief Act of 2005 and its special tax provisions, and also keep their ears open for further disaster-oriented tax relief Congress has promised.
Under the Katrina Emergency Tax Relief Act of 2005 (KETRA), individuals living in the Hurricane Katrina disaster area (see Exhibit 3 on p.
The Katrina Emergency Tax Relief Act of 2005 (KETRA) provides considerable tax benefits to the victims of Hurricane Katrina.