By ISLAMABAD, July 07, 2011 (Balochistan Times): Auditor General of Pakistan has disclosed that despite approvals, 19 projects had failed to initialize in Karachi Export Processing Zone (KEPZ) The annual report of the Auditor General for FY-2010-2011 disclosed that 19 entrepreneurs failed to initialize these 19 approved projects despite a lapse of five years, in connection with phase2 of KEPZ approved during 2006 and 2007 while closure of 30 industrial export units caused a loss of Rs13 billion.
What does KEPZ stand for?
KEPZ stands for Karachi Export Processing Zone (Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of KEPZ
- Korea Electric Power Research Institute
- Kalash Environmental Protection Society
- Kentucky Educator Placement Service
- Keplerian elements
- King Edward VII Preparatory School (Johannesburg, South Africa)
- Knowledge Engineering for Planning and Scheduling (International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling)
- Kuwait Environment Protection Society
- Kenya Private Sector Alliance
- Knowledge Engineering: Principles and Techniques
- Keskustapuolue (Finnish Political Party)
- Korean Export Processing Zone (South Korea)
- Equilibrium Constant
- Kativik Environmental Quality Commission (Quebec, Canada)
- Kashmir Earthquake Relief (Los Angeles, CA)
- Kelly Engineering Resources (Kelly Services, Inc.; Troy, MI)
- Kentucky Equine Research (Versailles, KY)
- Kerala (India)
- Kerman, Iran - Kerman (Airport Code)
- Kernel (mathematics)
- Key Education Resources (Key Bank; education financing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It evaluates the performance of Karachi Export Processing Zone (KEPZ) on various fronts.
Package for KEPZ: Prime Minister has announced on May 22 abolition of cess on imports of raw material and reduction in different charges relating to land and warehousing units from 17 per cent to 58 per cent to make investment at Karachi Export Processing Zone attractive, effective July 1, 2003.
Karachi Export Processing Zone (KEPZ) KEPZ is the first Zone established by EPZA.
IT would be the second EPZ in the province after Karachi Export Processing Zone, he added.
Karachi Export Processing Zone is located on the outskirts of the city, about 10 kilometers from the nearest rail station, 7 kilometers from Port Qasim and 32 kilometers from Karachi Port and container terminal.
Karachi Export Processing Zone (KEPZ) is the first venture of EPZA, established in early 1981.
The Karachi Export Processing Zone (KEZ) is the first project of EPZA which was set up in 1981.