nCPAP and Kangaroo Mother Care at Tygerberg Hospital have significantly reduced hospital stays and infant mortality rates.
What does KMC stand for?
KMC stands for Kangaroo Mother Care
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of KMC
We have 119 other meanings of KMC in our Acronym Attic
- Kort Middelbaar Beroeps Onderwijs (Dutch: Short Secondary Vocational Education; Netherlands)
- Knowledge Management Body of Knowledge
- Kent and Medway Biological Records Centre (UK)
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions
- Kyiv Mohyla Business School (Ukraine)
- Keluarga Mahasiswa Buddhis Universitas Indonesia (Indonesian: Family Student Buddhist University of Indonesia)
- Kadampa Meditation Center (various locations)
- Kaiserslautern Military Community
- Kalimantan Meeting Centre (Indonesia)
- Kaman Music Corporation (Connecticut)
- Kansai Music Conference (Japan)
- Karachi Metropolitan Corporation
- Kasturba Medical College (Manipal, Karnataka, India)
- Katmandu Metropolitan City
- Kawartha Male Chorus (est. 1990; Ontario, Canada)
- Kawasaki Motors Corp. (Santa Ana, CA)
- Keating Millennium Centre (St. Francis Xavier; Canada)
- Kelley Manufacturing Co. (Tifton, GA)
- Kenrich Mining Corporation
- Kensington Mortgage Company (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Underpaid nurses, often caring for dozens of children, may lack the time and inclination to explain and supervise kangaroo mother care, for example.
She she was placed in the Kangaroo Mother Care ward in Tanzania.
Cuddling up against a mother's bare skin -- termed kangaroo mother care -- can help tiny premature babies recover more quickly from the pain of being prodded with needles and other procedures, Canadian researchers have found.
CATTANEO, A; DAVANZO, R; UXA, F & TAMBURLINI, G 1998: Recommendations for the implementation of kangaroo mother care for low birthweight infants.
Many programmes aimed at reducing perinatal mortality that are standard today were first presented at the Priorities Conferences, for example, the Perinatal Education Programme, the Perinatal Problem Identification Programme, the Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Deaths, the maternal 'near misses', the Better Births Initiative, kangaroo mother care and its implementation, neonatal resuscitation programmes, nasal continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP), basic antenatal care, and the Child Health Care Problem Identification Programme, to name a few.
The technique, called Kangaroo Mother Care, is used in developing countries which have few incubators.
Counselling and encouragement is important, as kangaroo mother care has to be learned.