Kallmann's syndrome is a disorder inherited by autosomal recessive X-linked propagation, characterised by deficient synthesis of both hypothalamic-pituitary gonadotrophic hormones (FSH and LH) and is associated with anosmia/hyposmia owing to aphasia of the olfactory bulb.
What does KAL stand for?
KAL stands for Kallmann's Syndrome
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of KAL
We have 27 other meanings of KAL in our Acronym Attic
- Kristiansand Automobilklubbs
- Kungl Automobil Klubben (Auto Club in Kungl, Sweden)
- Nickname for Austria-Hungary Derived from KK (Imperial and Royal)
- Kerala Association of Kansas City (est. 2003; Missouri)
- Kuch Apne Kuch Paraye (Indian television program)
- Degrees Calvin (French; temperature; Canadian mining)
- Kadýköy Anadolu Lisesi (Ýstanbul, Turkey)
- Kalamazoo (Amtrak station code; Kalamazoo, MI)
- Kalamazoo City (Michigan)
- Kalendae (Latin: the Kalends, the first of each month)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These findings have important implications for the study of Kallmann's syndrome and related genetic disorders that causes infertility.
Hypogonadism can be the result of genetic conditions, such as Kallmann's syndrome and Klinefelter's syndrome, which occur at birth.