A statement of the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC) said here on Monday that despite the lack of vendor support and international restrictions on essential supplies, KANUPP achieved the record of safe operation and excellent performance thanks to the indigenization efforts of scientists and engineers of KANUPP and PAEC.
What does KINPOE stand for?
KINPOE stands for KANUPP (Karachi Nuclear Power Plant) Institute of Nuclear Power Engineering (Pakistan)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of KINPOE in our Acronym Attic
- Kudirat Institute for Nigerian Democracy (Lagos, Nigeria)
- Knowledge-based Interfaces to National Data Sets (UK)
- Korea Integrated News Database System (South Korea)
- Kinematic Wave Overland Flow, Channel, Routing and Erosion Model
- Kerala Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (India)
- Knowledge Innovation National Grid (Taiwan)
- Korea Institute of Industry and Technology Information
- Kerberized Internet Negotiation of Keys
- Key Intended Numeracy Outcomes (education; Australia)
- Kiev Institute for Nuclear Research (Kiev, Ukraine)
- Kind Regards
- Kangaroo Island Natural Resources Management Board (Australia)
- Knowledge Info-Net Service, Inc. (est. 1993; South Korean library automation vendor)
- Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety
- Kodak International Newspaper Snapshot Awards
- Korea Institute for National Unification
- Knowledge Integration and Network EXpertise (Germany)
- Korea Internet Neutral Exchange (Seoul, Korea)
- Kachin Independence Organization (Myanmar; political organization)
Samples in periodicals archive:
After the incident, an official from KANUPP had told AFP that no radioactivity had been recorded and none of their staff had been affected.
The leakage at the Karachi Nuclear Power Plant, commonly known as KANUPP, began around midnight on Tuesday during a routine shut-down for minor repair of a heavy-water channel.
Gilani, who is to leave for Beijing on May 17 on an official visit, thanked China for its support in the nuclear power generation field The country's first Canadian-pressurised heavy water reactor (PHWR) at Karachi EoAC" KANUPP, with a gross capacity of 137MW is currently generating a net 125MW and is under international safeguards.
4) PAEC's nuclear power capacity: KANUPP 137 MW, CHASNUPP-1 325 MW.
NUCLEAR: KANUPP 137 137 137 137 137 137 CH462ASNUPP 325 325 325 325 325 325 Nuclear Sub-Total 462 462 462 462 462 462 Grand Total: 17,799 17,798 19,257 19,384 19,450 19,420 of which Thermal-Total: 12,286 12,285 12,299 12,423 12,489 12,478 Source: AJKHEB, IPPs, KESC, WAPDA * Decommisioned due to fire incident i November 2006.
Three of Pakistan's nuclear reactors (the KANUPP power reactor in Karachi and the PARR I and PARR II research reactors near Islamabad) are covered by IAEA safeguards; the Chasma power plant will be covered as well.
The KANUPP reactor, for example, shows the consequences of the withdrawal of foreign supply: after Canada had abrogated co-operation agreements, the produced quantity of power diminished rapidly from 1977-78 onwards, and in 1979-80 reached a mere 0.