However, salmon may slip behind Vancouver Island and reach the river's mouth from the north via the Queen Charlotte Strait or from the south via the Juan De Fuca Strait.
What does JdeF stand for?
JdeF stands for Juan de Fuca Strait (US and Canada)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of JdeF
We have 1 other meaning of JdeF in our Acronym Attic
- Jazz Dance Education Council (Richmond, VA)
- Jefferson Davis Enterprise Center (now BizWorks; Richmond, VA)
- Jerusalem District Electricity Company (est. 1956; Israel)
- Jinan Diesel Engine Co. Ltd. (est. 1920)
- Joint Data Exchange Center (US/Russian missile warning)
- Joint Document Exploitation Center (US DoD)
- Journal of Discrete Event Dynamic Systems
- Java Development Environment for Emacs
- Joint Defense Experimentation Facility
- Joint Demonstration and Evaluation Facility
- Joint Doctrine Education and Training Electronic Information System
- Joint Dark Energy Mission (NASA)
- Joined by Enlistment (US Navy)
- Joint Depot Environmental Panel
- Joint Distributed Engineering Plan
- Joint Distributed Engineering Plant
- Jini Distributed Event Specification
- Joint Deployment Employment and Sustainment
- Japan Drilling Earth Science Consortium
- Joint Drug Enforcement Team
Samples in periodicals archive:
Parker was only 16 when Jack asked if he could paddle in the canoe that she skippered during Canoe Journeys in 2006, the canoe that was hit by a two-and-a-half metre wave sending all six of the crew into the cold waters of Juan De Fuca Strait.
In this volume, they cover sites on the ocean-facing side of the long island separated from the US by the Juan De Fuca Strait.
Dispersion of discharged ship ballast water in Vancouver Harbour, Juan de Fuca Strait, and offshore Washington coast.
Under normal circumstances, oil tankers are escorted by tugs, but that night the region was in the midst of the worst winter storm in several years, with 90 mph winds over the sea and a 25-foot swell surging through the Sound's Pacific gateway, the Juan de Fuca Strait.
She holds 14 world records for long-distance swims, including crossing all five Great Lakes within a 61-day period, traversing the English Channel, and swimming the Juan de Fuca Strait and the Catalina Channel.
As the tribal chairman and executive director of the Jamestown S'Klallam tribe (whose reservation is located in the state of Washington across the Juan de Fuca Strait almost due south of Victoria), Allen looks after the interests of a 550-member tribe (band) in addition to his national duties.
In Washington State, however, particularly in the Olympic Peninsula communities of Port Angeles and Port Townsend, only 20 miles or so across the Juan de Fuca Strait from Victoria, there continues to be rumblings of discontent at what is seen as Canadian complacency.