Researchers led by Princeton Professor of Geosciences Gerta Keller report this month in the Journal of the Geological Society of India that marine sediments from Deccan lava flows show that the population of a plankton species widely used to gauge the fallout of prehistoric catastrophes plummeted nearly 100 percent in the thousands of years leading up to the mass extinction.
What does JGS stand for?
JGS stands for Journal of the Geological Society
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of JGS
We have 41 other meanings of JGS in our Acronym Attic
- Journal Geophysical Research Supplement
- Japan Geriatrics Society (est. 1959)
- Japan-Greece Society
- Japanese Geological Survey
- Japanese Geotechnical Society (est. 1949)
- Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Management (Rice University; Houston, TX)
- Jewish Genealogical Society, Inc.
- Job Grading Standard
- John Gower Society (poetry society)
- Journal of Glass Studies
- Japan Grass Ski Association
- Japanese Government Scholarship Alumni
- Japanese Graduate Student Association (Arizona State University; Tempe, AZ)
- Journalism Graduate Student Association (various schools)
- Jewish Genealogical Society of Broward County
- Journal of the Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Jewish Genealogical Society of Connecticut
- Jewish Genealogical Society of the Conejo Valley (California)
- Japanese Ground Self-Defense Forces
- Joint Graduate School of Energy and Environment (King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, Thailand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
1992, Dating of Late Quaternary faulting in northern Sweden: Journal of the Geological Society, London, v.
The study appears in the Journal of the Geological Society.
Quarterly Journal of the Geological Society of London, 16, pp.
Quarterly Journal of the Geological Society of London, 10, pp.
Quarterly Journal of the Geological Society of London, 1, pp.
Journal of the Geological Society, London, 160, pp.
Journal of the Geological Society of London, 160, pp.