In the February JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN OIL CHEMISTS' SOCIETY, List and his colleagues reported that their method produced hydrogenated oils sufficiently solid for use in foods such as margarine but containing lower amounts of trans fats.
What does JAOCS stand for?
JAOCS stands for Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Junior Accountant Officer (India)
- Just Another Observer
- Journal of the American Osteopathic Association
- Journal of the Association of Official Analytical Chemists
- Judge Advocate Officer Advanced Course
- Just Another Opinion Blog
- Judge Advocate Officer Basic Course (US military legal training)
- Japan Azerbaijan Operating Company (consortium)
- Joint Air Operations Center
- Journal of Addictions & Offender Counseling
- Japan Association on Odor Environment (est. 1987)
- Junior Academy of Excellence (South Carolina)
- Japan Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (formerly Japan Association for Maternal Welfare)
- Joint Access Oversight Group (Washington)
- Japanese Association of Occupational Health Psychiatrists
- Juvenile Active Ossifying Myxoma
- Java and Object Orientation (software development conference; Trifork)
- Joint Air Operations Plan (Joint Aerospace Command & Control)
- Joint Analysis Operations Program
- Just Another Online Riddle (website)
Samples in periodicals archive:
And there are numerous scientific papers such as the Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society article from May 2003, which examined 'the effects of two monounsaturated fatty acid-rich oils, extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO) and high-oleic sunflower oil (HOSO), on platelet aggregation' in women.
A device that can identify changes in the odor of corn oil that occur as it goes rancid, or oxidizes, was described in the December 1999 JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN OIL CHEMISTS' SOCIETY by ARS researchers at Iowa State University in Ames.