In addition to extending access to Web of Science, Universities Australia renewed members' access to Journal Citation Reports, to measure research influence and impact at the journal and category levels, as well as initiated access to Book Citation Index, an additional database within Web of Science.
What does JCR stand for?
JCR stands for Journal Citation Reports
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of JCR
We have 51 other meanings of JCR in our Acronym Attic
- Java Content Repository (IBM)
- Jerusalem Center for Research (Medicine and Halacha)
- Jewish Community and Records (UK)
- Job Change Request (business workflow)
- Job Cost Report
- Jogging Club Rouheid (French jogging club)
- Johnson County Republican Party (Iowa)
- Joint Capabilities Release (USMC FBCB2)
- Joint Capabilities Roadmap
- Joint Commission Resources
- Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Journal of Circadian Rhythms
- Journal of Clinical Rheumatology
- Journal of Coastal Research
- Journal of Consumer Research
- Journal of Court Reporting
- Junior Combination Room (some British Universities)
- Junior Common Room (British university term)
- Junta de Coordinación Revolucionaria Internacional (Argentina)
- Juvenile Court Records
Samples in periodicals archive:
Journal Citation Reports (JCR) published by the Institute for Scientific Information.
Currently, journal quality is typically assessed by either personal judgment or perhaps more commonly with the Journal Citation Reports (JCR) produced by Thomson Institute for Scientific Information (ISI) Web of Knowledge (Furr, 1995; Green & Baskind, 2007; Holden, Rosenberg, & Karker, 2005; Jenson, 2005; Seipel, 2003; Sellers et al.
The present write-up presents the current coverage of Indian biomedicine and life sciences journals in the premier open access database, the PubMed (8) and provides the latest 2010 Impact Factor (IF), as available in the annual publication, the Journal Citation Reports (JCR) of the Thomson Reuters 2010 (9) as also suggest ways and means to augment the visibility of other Indian biomedical journals presently not included in the PubMed.
The Impact Factor is the average number of times articles from the journal published in the past two years have been cited in scientific publications, as determined by Thomson's Journal Citation Reports.
Journal publishers jostled with each other to proclaim how well they had done when the healthcare and science division of Thomson Reuters released its 2008 Journal Citation Reports (JCR) containing updated impact factors for more than 400 new titles.
A journal's impact may be measured by an objective ranking system developed by Thompson Scientific and reported annually in the Journal Citation Reports.
Come Spring, like all editors of scientific journals, we look out for our 'performance indicators' for the year gone by in the Journal Citation Reports (JCR), published by Thomson Scientific, Philadelphia (1).