264 digital video compression standard, promulgated by the Joint Video Team (JVT).
What does JVT stand for?
JVT stands for Joint Video Team
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of JVT
We have 8 other meanings of JVT in our Acronym Attic
- Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A
- Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B
- Joint Venture Silicon Valley
- Joint Venture Silicon Valley Network
- James Valley Telecommunications (Groton, SD)
- Japan Video Topics
- Java Vision Toolkit (software)
- Jeugd van Tegenwoordig (Dutch: Youth of Today; Netherlands band)
- Joint Venture Team
- Joint Verification Team (Bhutan and Nepal)
- Journal of Vocational and Technical Education
- Joint Viewing and Teleoperation Service
- Joint Virtual Training Special Event
- Jersey Village Television (Jersey Village High School; Houston, TX)
- Joe Versus the Volcano (movie)
- Journal for Vascular Ultrasound
- Justice Virtual University (web-based desktop tool)
- Jones Valley Urban Farm (Birmingham, AL)
- Japanese Ventilator Users Network
- Jana Vignana Vedika (science organization; est. 1988; India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The goal of the Joint Video Team was to develop a standard that would provide for good video quality and substantially lower file sizes.
Karczewicz, Senior Research Manager at Nokia Research Center, is actively participating in work on MPEG-4 AVC and SVC standards within Joint Video Team (JVT) of ISO/IEC MPEG and ITU-T VCEG.
4 /PRNewswire/ -- Microsoft and Sony celebrate the Joint Video Team (JVT) Committee's receipt of a 2008 Primetime Emmy Engineering Award for its work on the development of the High Profile of the H.
She was among the Joint Video Team experts awarded the 2008 Primetime Emmy Engineering Award from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences in August 2008, for the development of the H.
264 video encoding standard created by the Joint Video Team (JVT) standardization group was not timely in light of what he found to be the unwritten expectations of the group's members.
Sullivan is the rapporteur of the ITU-T Video Coding Experts Group (VCEG), a co-chairman of the ISO/IEC Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG), a co-chairman of the Joint Video Team (JVT) and a video architect in the Core Media Processing Team in the Windows Digital Media division of Microsoft.
264 video compression standard was developed by the International Telecommunication Union and the ISO/IEC Joint Video Team (JVT).