Although some skeptics regard the C-RAM system as an 'ad-hoc,' un-resourced and likely short-lived OIF phenomenon, this nascent capability not only reinforces the joint urgent operational needs (JUON) process, but it exemplifies emerging attributes of the future joint force organization, planning, and conduct of operations.
What does JUON stand for?
JUON stands for Joint Urgent Operational Needs
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Japanese Undercover Neuro-Kinetic Elimination Ranger (cult-classic video game)
- Juniper Operating System (Juniper Networks, Inc.) (router operating system)
- Joint United Nations Programme of Support
- Journal of Undergraduate Nursing Scholarship
- Joint Undergraduate Navigator Training
- Joint Urban Operations
- Junior Under-Officer
- Jacked Up on Caffeine
- Join Us or Die (Star Wars line, and movement)
- Jump Up on It
- Joint Urgent Operational Needs Statement
- Joint Urban Operations Office (JFCOM)
- Jamiat Ulema-I-Pakistan (Pakistan political party)
- Joint Underwriting Participation (insurance plan used by Hawaii)
- Joint Underwriting Plan (Insurance)
- Jornal Universitário do Porto
- Jugend Umwelt Projektwerkstatt (German: Youth Environmental Project Workshop; est. 1991)
- Junction Plakoglobin
- Japan Used Piano Association (Japan)
- Joint University Programmes Admission System (Hong Kong)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This sociocultural gap was identified and support was requested through multiple Operational Needs Statements (ONS) and Joint Urgent Operational Needs Statements (JUONS).
If this is not a viable option, an operational needs statement (ONS) or joint urgent operational needs statement (JUONS) (the latter if you are in a joint battlespace) is the next step in attempting to mitigate the capability gap.
Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command (TACOM) is soliciting M-ATVs in support of a Joint Urgent Operational Needs statement.
The Joint Urgent Operational Need process is governed by Title X, with supplementing deputy secretary of defense guidance, as well as Rapid Validation and Resourcing of Joint Urgent Operational Needs (JUONs) in the Year of Execution (CJCSI 3470.
The JRAC's responsibility is to assist in resolving issues in response to COCOMs' certified/prioritized joint urgent operational needs (JUONs) as well as the recommendations of the chairman.