The UPnP Implementers Corporation (UIC) announced the recent submission of the UPnP Device Architecture and 15 UPnP Device Control Protocol (DCP) specifications to the International Organization for Standardization/International Electrotechnical Commission Joint Technical Committee 1 (ISO/IEC JTC1) for approval as Publicly Available Specifications (PAS).
What does JTC1 stand for?
JTC1 stands for Joint Technical Committee 1 (ISO/IEC)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of JTC1 in our Acronym Attic
- Journeyman Textile Cleaner
- JTIDS Terminal Controller
- Juicy Temples Creative
- Jungle Training Centre
- Junior Team Canada (Canada)
- Jurong Town Corporation (Singapore)
- Just to Clarify (chat)
- Just Too Cool
- Joint Transformation Command-Intelligence (USJFCOM subcommand)
- Joint Technical Committee for Electronic Data Interchange
- Joint Tactical Command, Control & Communications Central Database System
- Joint Tactical Command, Control & Communications Test Center
- Joint Tactical Command, Control & Communications Agency
- Japan Transport Cooperation Association (est. 1973)
- Japanese Technical Communication Association
- Japanese Tissue Culture Association
- Jessamine County Trails Association (Nicholasville, KY)
- Journal of Theologies and Cultures in Asia (religious publication)
- JAA Type Certification Basis
- Joint Targeting Coordination Board
Samples in periodicals archive:
We expect that the INCITS and OASIS initiatives will inform and improve on one another," noted Karen Higgenbottom, chair of the INCITS executive board, which also serves as ANSI's Technical Advisory Group for ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1.
About ISO/IEC JTC1 ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1 on Information Technology Standardization is made up of 66 member and observer national standards institutes and 38 liaison members.
BioAPI was also recently submitted by the US as a candidate for further standardization as an international standard through ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1 Subcommittee 37 - Biometrics (JTC 1 SC 37).
ECMA has also approved forwarding the standard to ISO/IEC JTC1, the International Organization for Standard / International Electrotechnical Commission Joint Technical committee 1, for fast track processing as an International Standard.