Though faster than the air tasking order cycle, the joint tactical air strike request process used for close air support still does not allow the flexibility in execution required by the ground commander.
What does JTASR stand for?
JTASR stands for Joint Tactical Air Strike Request
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Joint Trauma Analysis and Prevention of Injury in Combat (US Army)
- Japan Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry
- Joint Tactical Air(strike) Request
- Just to Annoy Ray (band)
- Joint Technical Architecture for Robotic Systems (US NASA)
- Joint Tactical Air Reconnaissance/Surveillance
- Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society
- Joint Training, Analysis, and Simulations Center (US DoD)
- Joshua Tree Australian Shepherd Club (Palmdale, CA)
- Joint Target Automation Steering Group
- Journal of Teaching Academic Survival Skills
- Jamaica Trade and Adjustment Team (Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Foreign Trade)
- Joint Terrain Analysis Tool
- Journal of Technology and Teacher Education
- Journal of Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management
- JTAT Middle-Tier
- Joint Total Asset Visibility
- Joint Total Asset Visibility In-Theater
- Joint Total Asset Visibility Office (US Department of Defense)
- Jini Technology Adapter for Windows
Samples in periodicals archive:
The GLO's briefing gives the pilots the information necessary to support each joint tactical air strike request and the maneuver forces who submitted them.
Most of the written TTP state that preplanned requests are submitted on a DD Form 1972 Joint Tactical Air Strike Request, but there are automated alternatives.